Au revoir, Raf

by - 11:36




After three years and a half, Raf Simons says goodbye, for personal reasons (another to the list! It looks like the world of creative directors are out of luck lately ...). Raf made me fall in love with Dior and I (if you haven't  seen it, I recommend you the film). I fell in love with his designs, how he dealt with the challenge of haute couture, the great challenge that supposed to be the creative director of the Maison Dior. The emotions he showed; nervousness, shyness, the fact that he almost walked before the models... Everything was generating a great sympathy for him from me. He looked like a child who goes running to their parents after school. I look forward to know who will be the new creative director at Dior... For now we say goodbye to Raf, but this is not the end of his road. Raf wants to focus on its own brand and "other passions" outside of his work as a designer.
"Christian Dior is an extraordinary company and has been an immense privilege to allow me to write a few pages of its magnificent biography".

Since Raf closes this phase, I would like to show y'all my favorite designs/outfits of his time at Dior.


Tras tres años y medio, Raf Simons nos dice adiós, por motivos personales (¡otro a la lista! Parece que el mundo de los directores creativos no está de suerte últimamente…). Raf me enamoró con Dior and I (que si no habéis visto, os  recomiendo la película). Sus diseños me enamoraron, las ganas con las que afrontaba ese gran reto llamado alta costura, el gran reto que suponía ser el director creativo de la Maison Dior. Las emociones que él mostraba; su nerviosismo, su timidez, el hecho de que casi sale antes que las modelos… Todo aquello fue generando una gran simpatía hacia él por mi parte. Parecía un niño que va corriendo hacia sus padres a la salida del colegio. Espero con ansias a saber quién va a ser el nuevo director creativo de Dior... Por lo pronto nos despedimos de Raf, pero esto no significa que sea su final. Raf quiere centrarse en su propia marca y “otras pasiones” al margen de su trabajo como diseñador.
"Christian Dior es una compañía extraordinaria y ha sido un inmenso privilegio que me permitiera escribir unas páginas de su magnífica biografía".

 Ya que Raf cierra esta etapa, me gustaría mostrar mis prendas favoritas de su trayectoria en Dior.  


(2012)
(2013)
(2014)
(2015)
(2016)

Au revoir, Raf


(all photos are from vogue.com, if there's any mistake with years, please comment below! I don't have time to check right now hah Have a nice day!)





You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Julia EcP. Con la tecnología de Blogger.