How to make (insane) HOT CHOCOLATE

by - 10:21

Hey hey, long time no see! I've never been as busy as right now, but I didn't forget about my blog (promise). It keeps me very happy to see the HIGH stats I have right now (yay!) and special thanks to USA and Russian readers (you're in the top 2!). I don't know how the weather is in your countries right now, but Denmark and Spain are freezing! Ok, Spain only when it's around 18:00 p.m... but the nights are very cold (Denmark is legit a fridge, and we had beautiful snow in January). So, since today has been cold, I decided to make hot chocolate and use my super cute Pusheen catpuccino set from Primark.

I used a recipe from another site (it was my first time making real hot chocolate, not only cocoa powder and milk) but I changed some things. I will link the site but also copy everything on here, I will put in another color the things I changed so you can get the same chocolate as me. 

Recipe is from HERE if you want to follow their steps 100%, if not, keep reading!

This recipe is for 4 servings, keep that in mind!

Ingredients: 


❤ 5 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped (I used Valor's 70% dark chocolate tablet)
❤ 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (I used La Plata brand)
❤ 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar (I used regular sugar)
❤ 4 cups whole milk
❤ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used Vahiné vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon)

❤ Pinch of salt
❤ Whipped cream or cocoa powder, for serving (optional) (I used whipped cream)

❤ Heart shaped cake decoration (Vahiné brand)

Equipment:

❤ A pot or saucepan

Instructions:

 Combine the chocolate, cocoa, and brown sugar: Whisk together the chocolate, cocoa powder, and sugar in a small saucepan. This helps break up any lumps in the cocoa or sugar. (I cut the chocolate in small pieces, mixed with cocoa and sugar)
 Add the milk: Add the milk and set the saucepan over medium heat. (I heated up milk first, then added the mixure slowly and used the whisk to make an homogenous mixture)
 Bring to a simmer: Bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally, until hot and smooth, about 5 minutes.
 Add the vanilla and salt: Add the vanilla and salt.
 Serve: Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa, if desired. (I used whipped cream, then added the heart shaped decoration)



And that's all fam! Hope you try this recipe and enjoy the warm chocolate while it's still cold! 

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Julia EcP. Con la tecnología de Blogger.